*Disclaimer: The BeatTips Community believes in constructive interaction. Helpful member participation is our mission. In The BeatTips Community, no questions are regarded as “dumb.” Everyone here has something to learn, and everyone here has something to teach. By joining The BeatTips Community, every member agrees to uphold the integrity of the entire Community.
—Amir Said (Sa’id), Founder/Administrator

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Solder them! LOL. Buy the parts and make them. You can find online how to make them. You learn a new skill and now you can make whatever cables you need for whatever length. LOL. I have used Monster and cables that my brother made and I hear no difference. If anything the "homemade" cables are better to me because my wallet is more heavy afterwards. LOL. Good luck with your decision!...

i agree with making your own cables. it's actually pretty easy and once you get the hang of it you'll be able to make all the cables you need. i used to work at the company that distributes mogami cable here in the us and i just bought bulk mogami cable and soldered connectors to them.

I'am using cheap cable right now, (Turntable ->mixer- audio interface/Macbook -> speakers)

But I have a lot of interference problem. My usb hub send a lot of bad noise through my cables. I just ordered a new mixer, and i decided to order monster cables... I don't think i'am gonna change my "studio" cables very often, so i told my self "what's the hell, let's try Monster cables". I think I will keep them for the next decade, so it's not very expensive at the end.

For live setup, it would be different i think, as the cables are plugged out, and in, moved... I would not buy expensive cable to use on live scene, except if there is a sound problem...

Guys thx this is a recommendation I've been looking for some cables because the Radio Shack cords friends gave me years ago get spanish stations.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2