*Disclaimer: The BeatTips Community believes in constructive interaction. Helpful member participation is our mission. In The BeatTips Community, no questions are regarded as “dumb.” Everyone here has something to learn, and everyone here has something to teach. By joining The BeatTips Community, every member agrees to uphold the integrity of the entire Community.
—Amir Said (Sa’id), Founder/Administrator

+ Reply to Thread

Default Phil Collins/Genesis

Recently, I've been going through the Phil Collins catalog. I was always a distant fan, but never paid too much attention. He was a monster in the eighties when it came to pop/rock. I keep listening to "Easy Lover" featuring Phil Bailey from Earth, Wind, and Fire. So much energy on that track. The guitars have this "Beat it" vibe to them from Michael Jackson. But Collins and Bailey rip this joint. They sound perfect together. The rest of Collins' catalog is dope too, including his work with Genesis. Lots of sample material in there. Definitely not an artist to sleep on.

Quote Originally Posted by john carlo View Post
    Recently, I've been going through the Phil Collins catalog. I was always a distant fan, but never paid too much attention. He was a monster in the eighties when it came to pop/rock. I keep listening to "Easy Lover" featuring Phil Bailey from Earth, Wind, and Fire. So much energy on that track. The guitars have this "Beat it" vibe to them from Michael Jackson. But Collins and Bailey rip this joint. They sound perfect together. The rest of Collins' catalog is dope too, including his work with Genesis. Lots of sample material in there. Definitely not an artist to sleep on.

Phil Collins and Genesis definitely dope music. you notice phil collins has his own signature drum sounds feel etc.? he's a monster on the drums. hint he's got some open drums that are well worth sampling.
    I'll remain up in the lab till its engulfed in flames

Phil been a beast. My fave joint by him is "against all odds". I love his passion he has in his voice which I think is the best part of this production. His crescendo intensifies more along with the music. That's the vibe I like to hear, knowing that the music was more than likely tracked along with the vox simultaneously.
    A Kid Named Cus
    Writer for Beattips.com
    twitter.com/kidcus

+ Reply to Thread