*Disclaimer: The BeatTips Community believes in constructive interaction. Helpful member participation is our mission. In The BeatTips Community, no questions are regarded as “dumb.” Everyone here has something to learn, and everyone here has something to teach. By joining The BeatTips Community, every member agrees to uphold the integrity of the entire Community.
—Amir Said (Sa’id), Founder/Administrator

+ Reply to Thread

Default New gear IMAC 27" 2.7GHZ 16 GB RAM/UAD APOLLO QUAD

Hy fellow Choppers

After long research (likely a month), I gave myself the green light to do a major investment for the next years.
    At my musicstore of trust I purchased an IMAC 27" 2.7 GHZ 16GB RAM and the brand new Apollo Quad
    Installing the UAD is the easiest thing ever (they even took a seperate 1 sheet manual paper inside the box for ppl who dont want to read manuals at all:-)
    Maybe I should point out that you´ll need an internet connection for authorize, even if for the most ppl that would be a go without sayin (well for me not, cause I wanted to be strict offline with the studio)
    Well after hotspottin my iphone to the IMAC (easiest) and authorization, I got the usual welcome email PLUS the PULTEC PRO for free;-)
    So one goody for free is really nice (+100$ voucher)

Well, long story short, music wise it really sounds amaaaazin
    Ive started a Maschine Beat that Ive done before the new apollo and I could hear so much more deepness n clarity between my drums n samples....
    You really hear every nuance with that soundcard

Hooking up the UAD Plugs with Maschine is easy (VST´s) and they act beautifull together
    but most of the time Ill use them in Ableton.
    With the Analog Classics I got some really great sounding plugs who (even if Im still in learning process) gives me the power to get this "in your face" drums.

I dont regret any euro Ive spent for it cause it really gave me the warm analog sound Im addicted to.

Thats my first review ever in the net, so please dont play hard;-)
    and
    OBVIOUSLY Im not affiliated with UAD nor I get money from them to make their product look good.
    I am just 1 happy chopper with new tools

Peace from VIE

PAS
    IF YOU LIKE DUSTY SOUL SAMPLES MIXED WITH GRIMEY DRUMS
    PLEASE CHECK MY SNIPPET OUT
    www.soundcloud.com/dj-pas

Quote Originally Posted by DJPAS View Post
    Hy fellow Choppers

After long research (likely a month), I gave myself the green light to do a major investment for the next years.
    At my musicstore of trust I purchased an IMAC 27" 2.7 GHZ 16GB RAM and the brand new Apollo Quad
    Installing the UAD is the easiest thing ever (they even took a seperate 1 sheet manual paper inside the box for ppl who dont want to read manuals at all:-)
    Maybe I should point out that you´ll need an internet connection for authorize, even if for the most ppl that would be a go without sayin (well for me not, cause I wanted to be strict offline with the studio)
    Well after hotspottin my iphone to the IMAC (easiest) and authorization, I got the usual welcome email PLUS the PULTEC PRO for free;-)
    So one goody for free is really nice (+100$ voucher)

Well, long story short, music wise it really sounds amaaaazin
    Ive started a Maschine Beat that Ive done before the new apollo and I could hear so much more deepness n clarity between my drums n samples....
    You really hear every nuance with that soundcard

Hooking up the UAD Plugs with Maschine is easy (VST´s) and they act beautifull together
    but most of the time Ill use them in Ableton.
    With the Analog Classics I got some really great sounding plugs who (even if Im still in learning process) gives me the power to get this "in your face" drums.

I dont regret any euro Ive spent for it cause it really gave me the warm analog sound Im addicted to.

Thats my first review ever in the net, so please dont play hard;-)
    and
    OBVIOUSLY Im not affiliated with UAD nor I get money from them to make their product look good.
    I am just 1 happy chopper with new tools

Peace from VIE

PAS
    Aw, man, Pas, it sounds like you're reeeaaal happy right about now with the new addition to your setup. Powerful machine you got there. What made you get it?

—Sa'id

Quote Originally Posted by Sa'id View Post
    Aw, man, Pas, it sounds like you're reeeaaal happy right about now with the new addition to your setup. Powerful machine you got there. What made you get it?

—Sa'id
    Hy Saíd

Well as my old Imac (app 5 years old, first duo core gen) reached his limits with Maschine+5 VST´s (Waves SSL n a couple of NI´s Komplete Instruments)
    I knew that I should buy a new IMAC.
    But the issue was that my old Motu Ultralite lost its display brightness I had to consider a new soundcard as well.
    Motu is really great but the most of the new hardware has the same display as my old Ultralite...
    So there wasnt a point to buy that one again.
    As I evolved through choppin n readin the Beattips Manual I knew that I had to start to look more into my Mixdown.
    To be honest, there never was much of MIXDOWN before the Beattips
    I always have done just ruff sketches of beats (Sample+Drums n thats it), cause my thinkin was to do 2-3 ruff ones in 1 studio session...
    Well, I changed alot
    NOW I work in 1 studio session (bout 3hrs) at 1 beat, -maybe if Im in the zone- max of 2 beats BUT I eq/comp/limit n adjust levels before I send it to my Iphone
    Its still a ruff Mix but I know, if a MC pick beats of mine, the process of Mix his vocals n the beat should be a half of the time I needed before... , you digg?
    At the moment I am workin on a BIG Tape with Colorado´s finest, whos in Mixing stage right now...
    And there will be a 12-16 Track Album with a great Crew from Cali in April + a realease party in LA.
    So I was gettin busy and couldn t participate really much in the forums (I am sorry for that...) but now I feel again I could give some back to the ppl who feel the need of information, like I do

Peace from VIE

PAS

PS.: Saíd hit me up with a PM if you can, would like to talk with you....

UPDATE:

Throught the UAD 20% offer I have purchased the Studer 800a n El Fatso Emulation.
    This two special Process Plug Ins sound so damn amazing, I am really stunned
    I just throw the Studer on my drum Aux Bus and even without messin with the settings instantly I could hear a difference.
    El Fatso is a lil more harsh and should work its magic on the master but I think its a lil more difficult to get the sweet point on that one versus the Studer.

Peace from VIE

+ Reply to Thread